The Task Switcher application shows the running applications, and allows to switch between them. It also allows to close one or all running applications or switch to the Today Screen.
The application allows to hide specific applications, so you don't see them in the list of running applications.
The application allows to associate an icon or an image file to a specific application, especially useful when the icon shown is the default one. It is also possible to show another title associated to the running application.
It is recommended to associate the application with a hardware button. By clicking several times on the hardware button, will select the next application in the list, by pressing and holding the hardware button, will apply the selected action (activate, close) on the selected application.
It is easy to navigate trough the application by using one hand, either by using the keypad, either by selecting the action and the application with the thumb on the screen.
Using the left and right directions keys, will switch between applications. Using the Up and Down directions keys, or by using the slider if the pocket pc has one, will switch between actions.
A new functionality has been added which is an auto timed switch. This switch allows to put the next application into the foreground after a certain amount of time configurable from 1 second to 5 seconds.
- Pocket PC 2003
Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC
WM6/6.1/6.5 Professional devices
Download TaskSwitcher v1.6 for WM6.5
Download TaskSwitcher v1.6 for WM6/WM6.1
Download TaskSwitcher v1.6 for WM5
Download TaskSwitcher v1.6 for WM2003SE
Download TaskSwitcher v1.6 for WM6.5 FR
Download TaskSwitcher v1.6 for WM6/WM6.1 FR
Download TaskSwitcher v1.6 for WM5 FR
Download TaskSwitcher v1.6 for WM2003SE FR
RUSSIAN (special thanks to Andrey Karlov for the translation, testing and suggestions)
Download TaskSwitcher v1.6 for WM6.5 RU
Download TaskSwitcher v1.6 for WM6/WM6.1 RU
Download TaskSwitcher v1.6 for WM5 RU
Download TaskSwitcher v1.6 for WM2003SE RU
If you have any comments, bugs report, suggestions, problems, then you
could send them to this address firstname.lastname@example.org,
I will carefully consider them.
- Activate selected application
- Activate previous application automatically after n seconds (autoswitch)
- Close selected application (if possible)
- Close all applications (if possible)
- Show Today screen
- Show Config screen
- Background and text color can be changed + Background transparency
- VGA aware
- Portrait/Landscape aware
- localization aware if mui file provided
Selecting an image for an application:
On a QVGA, the image you select for an application will be resized to 32x32 and on a VGA to 64x64. If you select a picture (bmp, gif, jpg, png) in place of an icon, the color mask chosen will be the top left pixel found in the image. So my suggestion is to create an image like this one:
Known problem for resources libraries:
Sometimes the "view icons" on the configuration dialog box, is not capable of showing the icons stored in a resource library (dll), but it is possible to set the ID of the icon, and try to see it using the show button.
For instance: \windows\outres.dll,10000 which is the icon for the contacts.
- fix "bug" in Processes which was hanging due to badly designed programs
( a call to the GetWindowText api blocked the thread retrieving the top level windows title)
- fix bugs in the selection buttons and applications list
- fixed a bug in hidden apps engine
- background color, text color and background transparency are configurable
- new tab added for applications that can be activated, but not closed
- fix bug for icon handling on options dialog
- new tab to group windows of same application, so only one icon appear (like Notes or MS Word)
- added localization awarness (if mui file provided, application can be localized)
- handling of Comm Manager Icon
- timed autoswitch in order to select the previous application automatically after an amount of time.