The SoftKeyAppletEx application is a control panel applet that allows to change the applications linked to the softkeys that you find on the today screen since Windows Mobile 2005 is out. So this applet is not for previous versions of Windows Mobile.
The applet can be launched via the Settings dialog box, all it is needed is to browse the device to associate an application to the softkey and eventually change the text that will appear for the softkey on the today screen.
This applet has been made in order to ease the change of these values which are stored in the registry.
Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC
WM6/6.1 Professional devices
- Pocket PC 2003
WM6.5 Professional devices (not tested)
Download SoftkeyAppletEx v1.4 for WM5 & WM6
If you have any comments, bugs report, suggestions, problems, then you could send them to this address email@example.com, I will carefully consider them.
- It allows to select any application whereever the application is.
- Allows to rename the Soft Key Display Name
- The applet can be put on any Tab (Personal, System or Connections) of the Settings window.
- Just one soft key can be changed, it is not mandatory to change both.
- Possible to reset to defaults, so I think it's the phone and the calendar (depending of the OS version).
- Added a title to the browsing application feature.
- Modified the layout of the browsing application feature.
- reduce size of control panel applet.
- improvement of the
- added the settings tab selection.